From launch parties to information sessions, spreading the word about your event has never been so easy.
Gone are the days are cold calling and paper invites. Social media has fundamentally changed the way we connect with people at events.
Spread the word
- Make sure you create a strategy and balanced social media promotion plan, before you bombard people with the same sales message in the lead up to the event.
- Think of a unique, short and memorable branded hashtag, which will create a way for attendees to join the conversation in the lead up to, during and post event.
- Include your event hashtag and social media channels in any traditional marketing materials.
- Set up a Facebook event and invest in Facebook ads and boosting existing posts from your brand’s page
- Tap into the social audiences of your event’s draw cards and greatest assets – your special guests. Each will have their own social audience that can help spread the word on your behalf. Make it easy for them and provide them with shareable content.
- Once people start using your event hashtag, monitor and engage with them to build engagement and buzz.
Empower your attendees
- At the event create onsite promotional campaigns to encourage attendees to spread the word while they are experiencing the event.
- Harness the power of visual/video testimonials
- Highlight your guests’ contributions through regular blog and social media updates
- Survey all attendees ask for feedback and ideas to help with planning your next event
- Thank your attendees for attending at the event, but also post event across your social media, and your email list.
Need help promoting your event?
See you next week