If you’re a small business owner active on Instagram, you would understand the struggle of managing your personal and business Instagram accounts. Unlike Twitter and Facebook who easily let you switch accounts without signing out of the app, Instagram requires its users to sign in and out of their accounts to access multiple accounts.
As of last week: Not anymore.
After testing the feature on both Android and iOS in recent months, Instagram announced the launch of multi-account support inside the app.
Now, users can maintain more than one account on the same device.
How to set up multiple Instagram accounts on your device
The process is so simple; you’ll be managing your pet, business and personal accounts in no time.
- Log into your Instagram account and click the cog in the top right hand corner.
- Scroll down until you reach “add account”.
- Click on it
- A login screen will appear
- Enter the login details of the Instagram account you would like to add
- After you have correctly entered the login details of your second account an open triangle will appear at next to your account name
- To switch accounts click it and a drop down menu of accounts will appear
- Easily switch between accounts by following this process
- The account you are currently active on will display in the bottom right hand corner, so you can rest assured you don’t mix business with pleasure
- Note: you can manage and add up to no more than 5 Instagram accounts
Want to learn more about managing your Instagram?
We’re holding an Instagram for Small Business 101 course in March!
See you next week