Very soon (April 14 to be exact) LinkedIn are removing the Products & Services tab from all company pages. As LinkedIn works to evolve it’s offering, LinkedIn believe the move will push focus on to areas that prove more valuable and engaging for audiences.
Where to share content about products and services
While this tab is going away, there are two alternatives for sharing products and services content on LinkedIn.
1. Updates appear on your Company Page and in your followers’ feeds on every device – plus, when followers interact with your updates, your content is shared with their connections, helping your message spread further, faster.
2. Company updates let you share compelling visual content, including videos that play directly in the feed, and direct members to customized landing pages rather than a one-size-fits-all destination.
3. The real-time nature of updates makes them perfect for sharing news about your offerings, so your content feels relevant and timely.
1. Showcase Pages were built for exactly this purpose – to let you highlight a particular brand or product line.
2. They make it easy to build a dedicated community on LinkedIn and start an ongoing conversation about that product or brand.
3. Showcase Page followers know to expect news about your product or service – in fact, they’re looking forward to it! And since Showcase Page updates work just like company updates, they offer all of the benefits detailed above.
Over the next few weeks we’ll be migrating client’s product and service information over to Showcase Pages.
Want more information? Get it straight from the horses mouth here.
If you need a hand or think your LinkedIn needs a spring clean, let’s talk.
See you next week,
Like this post?
Hit like in the Facebook recommendation box below or:
Subscribe and get our blog delivered weekly to your inbox and stay ahead of the latest small business marketing news, tips and views.
Got something to say?
Get it off your chest! We’d love to hear your suggestions, thoughts and comments on anything related to this post or small business marketing in general: submit your comments below.